Plotline “On Location”
Enrollment is Closed
Plotline “On Location” at the Moxie Cinema is a filmmaking camp for students, ages 11-16.
New as well as experienced filmmakers will learn and refine their skills as they produce original shorts while filmming on location in historic downtown Springfield, Missouri.
Students can expect hands on learning experiences and creative collaboration with classmates and instructors. We’ll still make time though to watch a couple of movies during camp.
Camp is Mondays – Fridays, 9am – 1pm, 7/10 – 7/21.
Morning snacks, beverages & lunch are included each day!
Tuition is $550 which can be paid in installments.
The Moxie Cinema is Springfield’s own nonprofit movie theater. During camp one of their theaters will be our screening room!
Week One – Review & Refine
- Cinematic Camera Shots
- Controlling Light & Shadows
- Video and Editing on Action
- Acting Above & Beyond
- Screenwriting and 3 Act Structure in Short Film
- We’ll still make time to watch a film at the Moxie!
Week Two – Production
- We put our skills into action as we film our original films!
- We’ll close out the week working on our final edits
- We’ll still make time to watch another film at the Moxie!
After camp is concluded we will screen our short films for friends and family at the Moxie Cinema! Date TBD.
Students will need
- A computer (Chromebook, PC, or Mac) with charging cable.
- Corded headphones or ear buds.
- Access to an email address different from a public or private schools for using our video editing and screenwriting programs. Can belong to a parent.