Plotline “On Location”
Plotline “On Location” at the Moxie Cinema is a filmmaking camp for teens ages 13-18.
It runs Mondays – Fridays, from 9am – 1pm, 7/12 – 7/23. New as well as experienced filmmakers will learn and refine their skills as they produce original shorts while filmming on location in historic downtown Springfield, Missouri.
Students can expect hands on learning experiences and creative collaboration with classmates and instructors. We’ll still make time though to watch a couple of movies during camp.
Morning snacks, beverages & lunch are included each day!
The Moxie Cinema is Springfield’s own nonprofit movie theater. During camp one of their theaters will be our screening room!
Wilhoit Plaza is generously providing a variety of filming locations which we will use during production week.
Week One – Review & Refine
- Cinematic Camera Shots
- Controlling Light & Shadows
- Video and Editing on Action
- Acting Above & Beyond
- Screenwriting and 3 Act Structure in Short Film
- We’ll still make time to watch a film at the Moxie!
Week Two – Production
- We put our skills into action as we film our original films!
- We’ll close out the week working on our final edits
- We’ll still make time to watch another film at the Moxie!
After camp is concluded we will screen our short films for friends and family at the Moxie Cinema! Date TBD.
Students will need
- A face mask covering their mouth and nose. Masking is required while indoors and not on camera.
- A computer (Chromebook, PC, or Mac) with an internet connection.
- Access to an email address different from a public or private schools for using our video editing and screenwriting programs. Can belong to a parent.
- A filled out and signed Class Policy. This will be emailed to you.