Young Filmmakers Camp 2022
Enrollment Is Closed
The Young Filmmakers Camp is a partnership (now in its third year) between Plotline and Springfield Alamo Drafthouse. This program is designed for youth, ages 10-15, who have a keen interest in film and/or media production.
Experienced creators and those new to production are welcome. Students will take an active “hands on” approach to video editing, screenwriting, camera operation, acting and directing.
During this two-week 40-hour long camp we will collaborate, write and produce our own original class film.
• Daily morning snack, beverages and lunch provided
• Alamo’s Private Screening Room will serve as our classroom during camp
• Projection Room tour with info on Digital, 35 mm Film and 3D Projection
• Instruction, cameras and equipment provided by Plotline Film & Media Education
• Our original film productions will take place in and around Alamo Drafthouse
• Video editing and screenwriting software included during camp
• Screening of a feature film in one of Alamo’s theaters
Camp is 40 hours long and will run Mondays through Fridays, July 18th – 29th, from 9am – 1pm.
Tuition is $590
Week One – Review & Refine
- Cinematic Camera Shots
- Controlling Light & Shadows
- Video and Editing on Action
- Acting for camera
- Screenwriting and 3 Act Structure in Short Film
- We’ll still make time to watch a film at Alamo!
Week Two – Production
- We put our skills into action collaborate, write and film an original film!
- We’ll close out the week working on our final edits
Families are invited to watch the premiere of the films at Alamo soon after the completion of camp! Date TBD.
Students will need
- A computer (Chromebook, PC, or Mac) with an internet connection.
- Wired headphones or earbuds with a standard 1/8″ plug to connect to cameras or for video editing.
- Access to an email address different from a public or private schools for using our video editing and screenwriting programs. Can belong to a parent.